For the first time this year the award has been expanded from the USA to Germany to support German Junior researchers with teaching duties for Bachelor students in the fields of Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy and Biochemistry.
Cottrell-Fulbright scholars receive 63.000 € financing from BMBF funds for a 3-year research and teaching project.
Application deadline: 30 September 2016
Requirements for application
- Germany citizenship (in exceptional cases principal residence in Germany is enough)
- doctoral degree in Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy or Biochemistry
- affiliation to a German university throughout the whole project (3 years)
Applications need to include:
- information on the academic career (including teaching experience, list of publications and acquired funding),
- proposals for a research project and a teaching project
- a statement of support from the university or research institution
- an academic reference letter
More information on the award as well as the application forms can be found here.