Being a researcher in the natural sciences requires more than scientific skills: You do not only face challenges in your research, but most likely also in dealing with other people: Supervisors, colleagues, master students, technical staff and alike. The art of dealing with people can be learned. It is about knowing how to communicate effectively, to understand the nature and dynamics of conflicts and gender-related inequities, and to adopt an inner attitude of leadership even without formal leadership position.
Some of the issues that will be covered in the workshop are:
- How to lead effectively in situations without formal leadership position
- Understanding dynamics in communication
- Awareness building and counter-measures in gender-biased situations
- Learning to communicate effectively and being assertive in a scientific context
- Developing a personal agenda for leadership and conflict solution.
Date: Monday, 8th June, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., and Tuesday, 9th June, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, Room 0.232
Trainer: Dr. Gudrun Henne
Target group: Open for all members (PhD/Postdoc) of DFG-funded collaborative research projects (SFBs). The charges will be covered through gender equality funds.
To register, please contact Wiebke Beushausen (firstname.lastname@example.org – GenderConsulting Verbundforschung / Tel: 0551-39-33799 / Gleichstellungsbüro, Goßlerstraße 9)