— Cancelled owing to a lack of demand —
We are happy to announce the workshop “Entrepreneurship – A Career Option for Me?” with Dr. Silke Oehrlein-Karpi.
Target group: Junior researchers wondering whether founding their own business is a career option for them
Goal: Realizing your entrepreneurial potential
Date: Monday, 6 June 2016 , 11:00-19:30 o’clock
Duration: 1 day
Place: GZMB building, Justus-von Liebig-Weg 11, seminar room 0.233
Trainer: Dr. Silke Oehrlein-Karpi
When tinkering with the idea of setting up one’s own business, one should be aware of the personal entrepreneurial resources. People who know their entrepreneurial potential, use it reasonably and target their potential in order to switch successfully from academic employment to self-employment. The early reflection on this “subjective side” of funding one’s own business is therefore essential for its future success.
In this workshop, you will
- learn what “entrepreneurship” means and what entrepreneurial skills are.
- elaborate on your own entrepreneurial skills directly from your biography.
- thoroughly scrutinize your personal values in terms of running your own company.
- create your individual entrepreneur profile.
- figure out if self-employment is a realistic alternative for your future.
- obtain an overview of other professional options for people with an “entrepreneurial profile” (i.e., intrapreneur or leadership position, part-time free-lancer, etc.).
Even if you do not see yourself as an independent entrepreneur, you will get a hands-on orientation in this workshop on how you can use your particular set of skills, qualities, strengths and values for your further career.
Pre-work: About 14 days prior to the workshop, participants will receive a guideline for preparing a life profile.
“Very recommendable workshop for anyone that wants to get an informative, fast, intense and to-the-point idea of where he/she is standing regarding the idea to embrace the entrepreneur adventure.”
“The workshop gave me the opportunity to scrutinize my ambitions and my abilities towards starting a business on my own. Talking those over with another postdoc from a different field was very revealing and motivating. As a whole, the atmosphere of the workshop was very encouraging to take a next step towards starting my own business.”
Registration: Please register here and send an email to Dr. Katrin Wodzicki (firstname.lastname@example.org), including a short statement on your motivation to join the workshop (Why this workshop?).