We are happy to announce as second GAUSS Career Service online workshop on the topic “How to plan and write a competitive research proposal” by Dr. Thomas Koch.
This workshop is intended for postdoctoral researchers and late-stage PhD students who are new to the process of applying for a scientific research grant. Ideally, participants should plan to start applying for a grant within the next 6 months. Therefore, it is crucial that you already have an idea about the research topic and possible funding bodies.
- Date: Tuesday and Wednesday, 13-14 December 2022, 9:00-15:00 h;
plus 3h pre-teaching prior to the workshop
- Location: online
- Target Group: Postdocs and late-stage PhDs planning to apply for a research grant within the next 6 months
- Trainer: Dr. Thomas Koch
- Workshop Category: Improving Your Personal and Professional Skills
- Registration: Please register here (in case you are not yet registered) and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a short statement on your motivation to attend the workshop.
This hands-on workshop provides an overview of the German research funding landscape and explains how to exploit funding opportunities effectively. Selected EU programs within the framework of Horizon Europe, such as MSCA Individual Fellowships and ERC Starting Grants, are also covered. Practice scenarios for different research settings help to understand how to select and approach individual funding programs to build resources and capabilities for further career advancement.
By participating in workshop, you will be better equipped to
- identify funding opportunities for different research settings,
- understand what makes a fundable research project,
- tailor your case for support to meet the evaluation criteria,
- structure and schedule the writing process,
- move from smaller to larger grants.
This compact, yet highly interactive workshop employs theoretical input, plenary discussions, individual and small group work, experience sharing and expert advice. Participants are expected to complet some assignements for the pre-teaching activities, which will be provided one to two weeks before the workshop.