We are happy to announce the first GAUSS Career Service workshop in 2023 “How to find your postdoctoral position” by Dr. Dagmar Sigurdardottir.
This workshop is intended for early postdocs and late-stage PhD students who are looking for their first or next postdoctoral position.
- Dates: Thursday, 12 January 2023, 9:00-17:30h and Friday, 13 January 2023, 9:00-16:30h
- Location: GZMB building, large seminar room 0.232, ground floor, Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11 (map)
- Target Group: Late-stage doctoral students looking for a Postdoc position
- Trainer: Dr. Dagmar Sigurdardottir
- Workshop Category: Knowing and Marketing Yourself
- Registration: Please register here (in case you are not registered yet) and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a short statement on your motivation to attend the workshop.
Post-doctoral positions are usually not that hard to get but finding the right one that can firmly establish a professional career is really challenging. At the same time, scientists towards the end of their PhD don’t have a lot of time to spend on the search for the right post-doctoral position. Therefore, this workshop provides a compact overview of relevant aspects and the opportunity to explore one’s own preferences. Specifically, participants learn to define their own criteria for a successful post-doctoral position, develop their targeted search and application strategy, assess the relative benefit of post-doctoral grants and prepare to harness the full potential of their post-doc interview.
By participating in workshop, you will be learn to
- define goals for a satisfying postdoctoral position
- identify sources of information about potential postdoctoral hosts
- select an appropriate application strategy
- prepare for a postdoctoral job interview
- develop personal criteria for the best offer