We are happy to announce our next GAUSS Career Service online workshop on the topic “How to plan and write a competitive research proposal” by Dr. Thomas Koch.
This workshop is intended for postdoctoral researchers and late-stage PhD students who are new to the process of applying for a scientific research grant. Ideally, participants should plan to start applying for a grant within the next 6 months. Therefore, it is crucial that you already have an idea about the research topic and possible funding bodies.
- Date: Monday and Tuesday, 13-14 November 2023, 9:00-15:00 h;
plus 3h pre-teaching prior to the workshop
- Location: online
- Trainer: Dr. Thomas Koch
- Registration: Please register here (in case you are not yet registered) and send an email to email@example.com including a short statement on your motivation to attend the workshop.
By participating in workshop, you will be better equipped to
- identify funding opportunities for different research settings,
- understand what makes a fundable research project,
- tailor your case for support to meet the evaluation criteria,
- structure and schedule the writing process,
- move from smaller to larger grants.
This compact, yet highly interactive workshop employs theoretical input, plenary discussions, individual and small group work, experience sharing and expert advice. Participants are expected to complete some assignments for the pre-teaching activities, which will be provided one to two weeks before the workshop.