We are happy to announce the first workshop “Career Essentials: My Project Management Skills”.
Date: Friday, 10 October 2014, 9-17:30 o’clock
Place: GZMB building, seminar room -1.105
Duration: 1 day
Organization, coordination and effective leadership have become a must for growing in one´s career, in Academia as well as in other sectors. Not only scientist’s day-to-day work, but also acquiring external funding requires accurate timing, financial structuring and planning of scientific work. When scientists have little awareness of these skills, this can hinder their attitude and confidence in achieving their goals. In this workshop we will raise your self-awareness, show you how to hone these project-management related skills and enable your potential for a successful career.
In this workshop, you will
- recognize how much experience you have already gained in your life regarding project management.
- reflect upon your typical approaches, preferences, and strategies that you have applied during your previous projects.
- figure out your typical role/s in a project (i.e. expert, leader, organizer, coordinator, conflict manager, facilitator, generalist, specialist, team player etc.).
- realize your particular strengths in project work and project teams.
- learn how you can integrate your new findings into your day-to-day work and your long-term projects.
- improve your self-efficacy regarding upcoming projects.
- communicate your project management experience in application processes.
You will achieve this by
- One-to-one skill-oriented coaching supported by the trainer
- Transferring theory into practice by reflection on one’s own behavior
- Design of an individual project management skill profile
- Peer-coaching with constructive feedback supported by the trainer
If you would like to take part in the workshop, register for the GGNB Career Services here and write an e-mail to the coordinator Katrin Wodzicki (firstname.lastname@example.org). The e-mail should include a short motivational statement (Why do you want to take part in the workshop?).
More information about the trainer Silke Oehrlein-Karpi is available here.