We are happy to announce the workshop “Managing Yourself – Tools for Professional and Personal Success” with Dr. Silke Oehrlein-Karpi.
Faced with a challenging work life, many people simply cope. But “making the best of it” seldom allows us to really do our best. Effective self-management is essential for postdoctoral researchers who have to perform outstandingly at their job and simultaneously want to find a healthy balance between work and personal life. It is also the foundation of setting and achieving valuable, fulfilling goals. This workshop is for postdoctoral researchers who understand that their own self-management serves their own success, stability and well-being at the same time.
In this workshop, you will
- explore your current self-management activities and pay particular attention to what the appreciable consequences are.
- identify your personal values that influence your behavior.
- compile the requirements from outside, work load and stress factors.
- figure out your time killers.
- find out what you strive for, what motivates you and how and when you get your “flow”.
- learn how to set priorities.
- formulate a personal SMART goal.
- get in touch with different views of life and acquire a broader understanding of others? self-leadership approaches.
You will achieve this by
- transferring theory into practice by reflection on your own behavior.
- getting a short-cut overview of the most hands-on tools of time management and consider what can help you concretely.
- doing diverse self-awareness exercises.
- peer-coaching with constructive feedback supported by the trainer.