Sent on behalf of the WoCaNet 2017 Organizers
We would like to invite you to join us: in early 2018, a new team of PhD students and Postdocs will assemble to start organizing the next Womens’ Careers and Networks symposium (WoCaNet), which will take place in spring 2019.
To know what WoCaNet is all about check out our webpage: www.wocanet.uni-goettingen.de
If you like the concept of the symposium, but aren’t sure yet how you could help (or if you don’t like the concept and would like to change it!) here are a few suggestions:
- love money? … you could be in charge of the financial aspects of this big event!
- like to communicate? … you could be responsible for PR!
- love the internet? … you could help to keep the website up to date!
- like food? … you could find the best caterer for delicious food at the symposium and the networking dinner!
- love to be creative? … you could design posters, flyers, booklets, info screens!
- like to be close to the important people? … you could invite inspiring speakers and help organize their stay in Göttingen!
- love to coordinate and organize? …why not become the team leader and keep everything up and running?
A first introductory meeting for all potential organizers (female AND male!) will be held on Friday 12 January 2018, 8:30-9:30h (GZMB, Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, seminar room 0.232).
You are welcome to come and explore – no firm commitment is expected at this stage! During this meeting, the basic tasks behind organizing the symposium will be explained. This allows people who are potentially interested in joining the organizing team to get an impression about the organization efforts and to ask questions.
For those of you who then decide to get involved, a workshop will take place in late January or early February (tbd) where the old team will train the new team, the team members will get to know each other and divide in subgroups to tackle the tasks. If you are potentially interested in joining the next organizing team please send us an email by 3 January at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!
WoCaNet 2017 Team