We are happy to announce the workshop “The Art of Negotiation” with Matthew Speyer.
Workshop date: Tuesday, 7 April 2015, 9:00-17:00 o’clock
Place: Seminar room, Von-Siebold-Str. 4
Trainer: Matthew Speyer
Duration: 1 day
Who is going to be first author? Who will attend the next international conference? Negotiating these or other professional issues with either peers or seniors is an integral part of everybody’s professional life. Often it is inevitable to encounter differences in aims and approaches. This workshop is meant to raise your skills in recognizing, balancing and adequately representing your own needs in all kinds of negotiations. You will learn how to pro-actively prepare for, shape and follow up on negotiations and how to work productively with differences in interests in order to reduce unproductive conflict but also dysfunctional conflict avoidance.
- The nature of conflict
- Preparation for negotiation
- Identifying underlying needs
- Separating interests from positions
- Clear communication
- Holding the tension and standing one’s ground
- Understanding and acknowledging the other’s perspective
- Experiences and case discussions