You are invited to attend the talk „Patenting and Commercializing Scientific Inventions” by Dr. Stefan Uhle (MBM ScienceBridge) on
31 October 2016, 16:00-17:30h,
at the GZMB building, Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, seminar room 0.232.
Dr. Uhle is a patent manager for MBM Science Bridge, the technology transfer organization of Göttingen University, but his talk will also be relevant for employees of the MPIs or the DPZ since most of the legal rules are the same or at least very similar.
His talk provides information about the commercial utilization of research results and inventions. Some of the issues to be discussed are:
- How can research results be commercialized successfully?
- In the context of my research project, I have made an invention – which are the next steps?
- Which help is available from the University and from MBM ScienceBridge GmbH? Where can I find competent contact persons?
- What does the German Act on Employee Inventions (Arbeitnehmererfindergesetz) provide for University employees? What is the status of Master and Ph.D. Students?
- Publication vs. Patent? How to manage both?
- Strategy with intellectual property (IP) rights.
- Examples of successful projects.
After the talk, Dr. Uhle will take the time to answer your individual questions.