Only two dates in April and November are not fully booked by now! Registration fee is € 1,850.00 (“Includes: VAT, accommodation (two nights single accommodation and meals) training and course materials”)
Here is the basic information about the course from the respective webpage:
Leadership and management skills are critical for a successful career in science. EMBO, in partnership with consulting teams, has designed this course specifically to meet the needs of postdocs.
- Introduce you to key leadership concepts;
- Develop your own individual leadership style;
- Equip you with key communication skills;
- Prepare you for your future role as leader;
- Expand your support network for leadership issues in the lab.
The two-day EMBO Laboratory Management Course for Postdocs covers topics including:
- leadership skills;
- communication skills;
- negotiation skills;
- conflict solving strategies;
- effective problem solving;
- team development
Practical exercises, in the form of role-play and discussion groups, provide hands-on experience.
“As much theory as necessary and as much practice as possible” is the principle of this course.
Please note that you must be a postdoc for a minimum of six months at the time of attending the course.
More information are available here.