We are happy to announce our next GAUSS Career Service workshop “Third-party funding and proposal writing” by Dr. Neela Enke.
This workshop is intended for Postdocs and late-stage PhDs planning to apply for a research grant within the next 6 months.
- Date: Monday, 20 March 2023, 9:30-17:00h
- Location: GZMB building, large seminar room 0.232, ground floor, Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11 (map)
- Trainer: Dr. Neela Enke
- Workshop Category: Knowing the Job Market
- Registration: Please register here (in case you are not registered yet) and send an email to email@example.com including a short statement on your motivation to attend the workshop.
First of all, the workshop provides the applicants with an overview of the most important (national and European) funding agencies and schemes in relation to the participants career stages. Participants will also have the chance to look into interesting funding schemes in more detail.
The participants are also taught the basics of application design by addressing the following questions, among others: Which parts does an application have? What belongs in any case? Who reads the proposal? How do I establish a connection to the funding program?
Furthermore, instruments for the time planning of the application and the elaboration of the research project are presented. The participants are supported in developing their current research projects, in delimiting them appropriately and formulating them in a way that is suitable for the application.
Common review procedures and evaluation criteria will be presented, and insights into formal and informal aspects of the review process will be provided. Success factors and strategies in the application process will be presented and the handling of rejected applications will be discussed.
- Overview on funding agencies and programs
- Choosing the “right” funding programme
- General criteria of the application design
- Parts of an application
- Plan the structure, scope and costs of the project applied for
- Time planning in the application process
- Current review procedures and review criteria
- Strategies and success factors in the acquisition of external funding
- Dealing with rejections